Brady passes for less than three hundred yards and throws an interception, a couple of guys go down via injury, and you don’t win by a million points basically means a loss to New England fans. I’m serious as a heart attack when I say that as well. We’ve become so accustomed to decapitating teams on a weekly basis, that games that we win “somewhat close” seem unfulfilling. Sure we’re 8-0 and well on our way to Santa Clara when Satan himself most likely hands Brady his fifth Lombardi trophy, but work still needs to be done. I want embarrassing 52-7 type games. I need opposing coaches shaking their heads in disbelief watching Bill act like the diabolical maniac he is, throwing while up by two hundred instead of going into victory formation. The one team whom has been a wet blanket for Brady (and let’s face it, he gets to slay a super model every night, so there aren’t many wet blankets in TB12’s life) is the next opponent on the Vengeance Tour on Sunday in New Jersey. Do the Giants scare me? Not really. Does seeing a piece of Tom Coughlin’s face falling off on live TV scare me? It shakes me to the c ore.
1) New England Patriots – The champs are rolling into New Jersey. They finally have a healthy Gronk, and that means big trouble for the Giants and their dead last 32nd in the league scoring defense. Early thoughts and prayers for Tom Coughlin’s face.
2) Cincinnati Bengals – The Bengals keep on rolling and are the second best team in football right now.
3) Carolina Panthers – So much for my prediction of the Panthers getting their doors blown off by Green Bay. It is amazing what Carolina is doing without one real threat on offense besides their quarterback.
4) Denver Broncos – Maybe we should have pumped the brakes on that Denver defense being compared to the 2000 Ravens. You also have to love CBS fawning of Manning needing to get that record in Indianapolis. Now he has to do it against the low life Chiefs.
5) Green Bay Packers – Aaron Rodgers played like Ginger Rodgers in the first half, and you can’t play one half of decent football and expect to win on the road.
6) Arizona Cardinals – Coming off a bye week.
7) Minnesota Vikings – When is Teddy Bridgewater’s funeral? I saw him die on live TV yesterday.
8) Seattle Seahawks – Coming off a bye week.
9) Atlanta Falcons – The Falcons are pretenders and that is the bottom line.
10) New Jersey Giants – Eli threw two bonehead interceptions for the millionth time. They face their toughest test of the season on Sunday when TB12 comes to town.
11) New Jersey Jets – The battle of second place is on in the AFC East. The Jets could still challenge for a wild card in the wide open AFC.
12) Philadelphia Eagles – Philly needed that win in Dallas, but problems still sit with the Eagles on both sides of the ball.
13) Pittsburgh Steelers – Big Ben goes down for the second time this season. He is scheduled to come back against Seattle on the road. It doesn’t get any tougher than that, especially coming back from injury.
14) Indianapolis Colts– The one time you’d ever see a New England fan root for the Colts was Sunday. It worked out well for all parties involved.
15) Oakland Raiders – Derek Carr and Amari Cooper is the best young tandem going in the NFL right now. I challenge you to find me another one.
16) Buffalo Bills – Rex says playing the Jets is “just another game”. Sure Rex, sure.
17) Miami Dolphins – Miami most likely mails in the season by Thanksgiving.
18) St. Louis Rams – Jeff Fisher and Greg Williams are taking a lot of heat from the Vikings, rightfully so.
19) New Orleans Saints – Rob Ryan may not survive the season in New Orleans as the DC.
20) Dallas Cowboys – I’d like Jerry to explain to me how a 2-6 team in the division is still a threat to make the playoffs?
21) Kansas City Chiefs – Coming off a bye week.
22) Chicago Bears – You have to hand it to the Bears, they aren’t throwing in the towel.
23) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – The Bucs knocked me out of a suicide pool, and made half the Atlanta fan base go out and buy razor blades and rope after that loss on Sunday.
24) Cleveland Browns – Johnny Football is despised by his head coach. I am convinced of it.
25) San Diego Chargers– San Diego lost to a helpless Bears team, whom had a fire sale a few weeks back.
26) Houston Texans – Coming off a bye week.
27) Baltimore Ravens – Coming off a bye week.
28) San Francisco 49ers – A win against a decent Falcons team is a step in the right direction for San Francisco.
29) Tennessee Titans – Marcus was the benefactor of bad defense in New Orleans and great play from Delanie Walker.
30) Washington Redskins – You like that Cousins? That is just the sight of the Bill ripping out your soul.
31) Jacksonville Jaguars – Jacksonville made the most Jacksonville type plays when it counted yesterday.
32) Detroit Lions – Coming off a bye week.