I, like any good Patriots fan, got a bit irked when they blew the Amendola catch dead with an inadvertent whistle. It most likely cost the Patriots a big play, that may or may not have resulted in a touchdown. But, since we are all in the circle of trust here, we’ve been on the positive side of questionable calls in our day. Sure you can scream to the high heavens that Goodell or ESPN had something to do with it, but Mean Gene is probably the best ref in the business, and he got the call right once it was screwed up. Buffalo beat themselves with poor clock management, undisciplined play, and poor special teams. It is the same old song and dance every week. It won’t be as easy this week, going into Denver with a patch work offense and the only game I’ll pick New England to drop this season. Sorry Patriots fans, it’s a reality.
1) New England Patriots – Big win against a tough defense, that knocked out two more offensive weapons.
2) Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton will challenge TB12 for the MVP.
3) Arizona Cardinals – I still think Arizona trips up in the playoffs against either GB or Seattle.
4) Cincinnati Bengals – The Red Rifle is softer than dog poo.
5) Denver Broncos – When we were all expecting Brady vs. Manning XVII, we are getting Brady vs. Osweiler One.
6) Green Bay Packers – Green Bay is back to being Green Bay again.
7) Minnesota Vikings – Minnesota has a way of making things easier on their opponents in crunch time.
8) Seattle Seahawks – Nobody will want to play Seattle come January, just based on the mystique.
9) Pittsburgh Steelers – Coming off a bye week.
10) New Jersey Giants – Coming off a bye week.
11) Kansas City Chiefs – Watch out, the Chiefs are making a run.
12) Indianapolis Colts– Chuck Pagano’s team believes in him. I’m not sure how to take that statement.
13) Atlanta Falcons – That is the sound of the Falcons going down the toilet.
14) Oakland Raiders – Amari Cooper had four yards receiving. You may not see that again…. Ever.
15) Houston Texans – JJ Watt is slowly climbing the ranks of biggest DB’s in football. I’m not talking about defensive backs either.
16) New Jersey Jets – The Jets started out so promising and have come back down to reality, and quickly.
17) Buffalo Bills – Undisciplined football and bad clock management continue to be the bane of Rex Ryan’s existence.
18) Miami Dolphins – Well, you let Dallas have a glimmer of hope.
19) Philadelphia Eagles – Chip Kelly should go back to coaching the other birds up in Oregon.
20) St. Louis Rams – Case Keenum looked like Rocky dragging himself off the canvas in his second title fight with Apollo.
21) Dallas Cowboys – I see a small, tiny sliver of hope in Dallas. However, that may go dark when Carolina comes to town on Thanksgiving.
22) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Tampa Bay has double the amount of wins they had all of last year.
23) New Orleans Saints – Coming off a bye week.
24) Chicago Bears – John Fox gifted a win to his previous team on Sunday. You had one job John, one!
25) Jacksonville Jaguars – Can Jacksonville make a late season run at the listless Colts? I highly doubt it.
26) Detroit Lions – Three in a row for the Martha Ford Lions!
27) Baltimore Ravens – Joe Flacco got hurt, so did Justin Forsett, but that doesn’t matter when you only have three wins.
28) Washington Redskins – Washington proved once again why they will never be contenders in the NFC East.
29) San Francisco 49ers – The Niners gave a valiant effort on the road in Seattle, but that isn’t enough to win football games.
30) Tennessee Titans – Tennessee needs to address the defensive line and running game in the offseason.
31) San Diego Chargers– San Diego can’t get to LA fast enough.
32) Cleveland Browns – Coming off a bye week.